Saturday, May 30, 2009

A message for me

So tonight I had a delicious dinner at a friend's (steak tips! with grilled veggies!), then did some lite shopping, then we all watched Burn After Reading, which was one of the absolute strangest movies I have ever in my life seen. Comedy? Not exactly. Excellent acting and comic timing, but the Coen Brothers were up to their usual tricks -- the movie leaned more toward dark comedy, but was not quite dark enough to be called dark comedy. A few chuckles, but nowhere near as funny as The Darwin Awards.

During dinner I dished with my friend and her hubby, who I consider my big brother, if I were to have a cool brother. I describe the guy, and ask my "brother" if he thinks the guy will call me (he said yes, but tomorrow.) My bro asked about a million questions about how long our conversations have been, and what does he drive, and what does he do for fun, etc. etc. blah blah blah. He also gave me ridiculous "advice" which I would of course never follow, but that was certainly good for a laugh. I mean, why not figure out where he works, greet him as he's leaving the office, and announce that I've washed his car for him? And that my mom is in the parking lot, just dying to meet him? Could you even imagine!? This guy can always make me laugh, even when I'm super confused.

So I get home around 12:45 AM and there is actually a message from The Guy. He was still on call, but sounded kind of bummed that I wasn't home, and looks forward to talking to me soon. I'll call him sometime tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll get asked out again... eventually...

No comments: