I find it extremely relaxing… now if only the office didn’t insist upon playing country music...
2 days ago
Anything and everything I find fascinating, somewhat interesting,
or just a teeny bit noteworthy. Plus some stuff I'd like to share.
My Personal Mission Statement, 5/21/99
To find happiness, fulfillment, and value in living –
I, [theclevercat] will –
Envision myself becoming a person who:
- Lead a life centered on the principles of honesty, integrity, fairness, and quality.
- Remember what's important in life is productivity, generosity, learning, and personal growth. I will also remember the importance of family and my happiness.
- Respect the admirable characteristics in others, such as being enthusiastic, ethical, and organized; and attempt to implement similar characteristics like being proactive, sensitive, and truthful into my own life.
- Recognize my strengths and develop my talents as an intelligent person who is resourceful, open-minded, creative, hardworking, and a good writer.
- Humble myself my acknowledging that I can be sarcastic, impulsive, and often late and by constantly striving to transform my weaknesses into strengths.
- [Ex-husband] thinks is fun, truthful and loving.
- Mom thinks is ethical, creative, and sensitive.
- [Friend] thinks is self-reliant, loyal, and giving.
- [Ex-boss, a great boss!] thinks is hardworking and responsible.
My Personal Goals
Sharpen the Saw: To fight for what is right. To never "settle". To learn something new every day and apply that knowledge to my days. To tell others what I need and want to function as best I can.
Wife: To love [ex-husband] and be affectionate with him. To keep him happy and satisfied and with a full stomach. To be someone he always wants to come home to. To be supportive and never to push or stifle him. To nurture his growth. To show him that books can be fun.
Daughter: To keep Mom and Dad proud of me. To be ethical, patient, and strong.
Sister: To be supportive when asked for direction. To give helpful answers to questions. To guide her through any rough mental or emotional times.
Friend: To be supportive and helpful. To show my friends that beauty is what you believe it to be.
Cook: To continuously try new things but to keep old recipes at the front of the cookbook. To get [ex-husband] to accept and enjoy vegetarian protein. To use the items we received as gifts.
Craftsperson: To not push this aside and to keep items easily accessible. To try a new thing every month. To not go overboard buying new items.
Assistant: To be organized. To not accept more work than I can complete in a reasonable amount of time.