Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another book sale

These are the books I rescued from the library on Saturday, again at a measly 2 bucks a bag. Some are really good and some are really trashy. But most of them are in excellent condition.
  • Mapping the Edge, Sarah Dunant
  • My Little Blue Dress, Bruno Maddox
  • The Witching House, Anne Rice
  • Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, Gregory Maguire
  • The Book of Shadows, James Rees
  • The Snow Goose, Paul Gallico (Knopf Publishers, my favorite)
  • Lights Out in the Reptile House, Jim Shepard
  • Kitchen, Banana Yoshimoto
  • Shopgirl, Steve Martin (for some reason I picked up two. I must have not realized I had already put one into the bag. I'll just bring one into the office.)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage, John Irving
  • Geek Love, Katherine Dunn (head-biting geeks, not computer-loving ones)
  • Geometry, Relativity and the Fourth Dimension, Rudolf v. B Rucker
  • Lipstick Jungle, Candance Bushnell
  • The Food Taster, Peter Elbling
  • Girl, Interrupted, Susan Kaysen
  • Hand-me-down, Lee Nichols
  • Magical Thinking, Augusten Burroughs
  • Diary of a South Beach Party Girl, Gwen Cooper
  • Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel García Márquez
  • Chang and Eng, Darin Strauss
  • Pandora, Anne Rice
  • Beyond the Veil of Stars, Robert Reed
Plus a board book the I plan to cut pages from and use the still-attached ones as a craft project. I can't wait to get started on this pile!

No comments: