Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oooh, my stomach

Another 1.3 down this week, which I probably negated due to calorie bombs yesterday. And I mean it. I totally binged... and it has been a looong time! (Three months.) I blame my accidental breakfast-skipping on my disorientation from poor sleep the night before.

After having been denuded of body hair Saturday morning (and forgetting to grab a yogurt on the way to the spa at 11:00 -- this is shameful because according to my thyroid condition I should have eaten at 9:30 at the latest. I have skipped breakfast maybe once since I was prescribed those stupid little lavender tabs a few years ago) I needed to stop at Target to try to find a decent Father's Day card (I couldn't.) It was about 1:00 PM. 1:00 PM!!! And no food had passed my lips. What was I thinking?

Of course I found myself walking to the sweets aisle where I gazed at each cookie type before reaching out and touching Pepperidge Farm Sausalito Milk Chocolate Macadamia Crispy Cookies. Then I went home and had one, and it was ok. (I like the pecan ones better, but they didn't have them.) Actually, I really didn't enjoy it very much. After two of them I was stuffed and slow, but apparently that doesn't matter, because I then systematically ate each and every cookie in the bag.

Eight cookies. Yuck. But hey hey! It turns out I don't like binging as much as I used to. And that's a very good thing.

Later, a friend and I patronized Fuddrucker's in North Andover where we mowed on juicy cheeseburgers with chipotle barbeque sauce and pickles (it was almost healthy since I said no to the bacon, har de har har) with friench fries smothered in jalapeño cheese sauce. And a diet peach green iced tea. Also, two slices of tomato and a piece of lettuce. That was the funniest part.

After shopping a while at Burlington Coat Factory (a cute Hello Kitty watch with a square face and a braided silver pleather band for $10 -- no colors at all) and Trader Joe's (fruit pleather of various colors) we went to Richardson's where we had small ice creams (not baby size. Oy.) I had Mississippi Mud and Death by Chocolate. Then we went to her house where we enjoyed Scrabble and tea. Needless to say, I didn't eat much today since I was really not very hungry from yesterday's gustatory debauchery.

And now, another week. Swing dance class tomorrow and paper crafts on Wednesday; salsa dance class on Thursday, and a seafood party at a friend's on Saturday. Friday, nuttin'. I have the sneaking suspicion that the SK will not ask me out again since our conversation today was so very boring and I also caught him on the way out the door. He is very polite, with excellent manners so he suffered my blithering. But I will not, not, not be the girl who scratches for a pity date. Oh, no, not me.

But, I am definitely bummed since I decided last week I really do like him and now he doesn't seem interested, or as interested as before. Ah well, así es la vida!

No comments: