Sunday, June 7, 2009

Maxims, morsels, movies, and minimizing

I dislike saying this, but "out of sight, out of mind" makes a lot of sense. Or these days, "out of emails, out of mind." The guy and I are corresponding sporadically (last yesterday, but they are one-liners), and we still have a date planned, but I believe in striking when the iron is hot, and it's totally cooling down, at least for me. Oh well.

Friday night was great -- I visited a friend and we shared a delicious gourmet meal of Caprese salad over baby greens, tapenade, (which I used on my salad), spanakopita, freshly baked bread with butter, and a bottle of Merlot. Yummy! We talked for over four hours. It was so much fun.

Yesterday I slept late, watched a juvenile movie (Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay -- for some reason I like Harold and Kumar, but the first movie had a lot more laughs), took a nap, baked a pizza, and watched another movie, this time about relationships (Sex and the City.) Neither was very good, but at least I was finally able to see Gilles in all his glory.

My parents loved the hangers and they said I should make more and sell them. But they are time-consuming and the materials are not cheap, so I would have to price them high enough to make a decent profit. So it might be a no.

Weight-wise, I just can't believe I lost another 2.4! That's about 12 pounds so far! (Gawd, I am such a loser. Heh heh.) I'm actually not really thinking about the number on the scale right now; rather, I'm focusing on the weekly amounts that I am dropping. More dancing, please!

Today, cleaning and relaxing. All in all, this has been a very pleasant weekend.

No comments: