Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grating on my last nerve

So today I realized I can hear some pretty annoying sounds at the office. They include:
  • Lawnmowers
  • Motorcycles
  • Hacking coughs
  • Beeps from the copy machine
  • Fire alarms
These always set me on edge. But to put me in a better mood, I imagine... the best sounds ever:
  • Cat purrs
  • Giggling babies and little kids playing
  • Passionate moans
  • The ocean
  • Trees rustling
I can hear some of these at the office too (trees, babies and kids; thankfully, not passionate moans. That would just be gross.) What are some of your favorite, and least favorite sounds? (Hey! I just made up another really great speed dating question! Feel free to use it...)

2 comments:

Alexis Clipboard said...

Lawnmowers are definitely at the top of my most-hated sound list, too (along with weed whackers, blowers, and other gardening equipment). Also hated: lunchroom noise, whistles, brass instruments played at loud volume, talk radio, and the high-pitched continuous beep in the lobby of my daughter's school.

Best sounds include: babies/little kids laughing, the wind in the trees, choral singing, and my children praying in shul. (Did you know that your nephew knows all the words to Aleinu?)

The Clever Cat said...

OMG, we really *are* related!!!

Makes sense. Doesn't Aleinu mean "Grape juice and cake comin' right up!"