Monday, June 15, 2009

"Nice talking to you."

For those of you who are interested in the conversation I had yesterday with SK that signified the death knell of our short-lived dating-ship, I will tell. The majority of me prefers not to perseverate, but part of me does – so I’ll get it out of my system now.

I was really off my game yesterday for some reason (lack of sleep, perhaps?) and I was boring and I should have called him at night and I didn’t. And then at the end of our (very short) discussion, he totally said, “Nice talking to you.” And like a clueless 12-year-old waving goodbye to her classmates, I said, “‘Kay, bye!” My coworkers thought it was hilarious; I can see this joke living a long, fruitful life.

Anyway, I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, too (but no dreams, thankfully.) Hopefully tonight’s dancing will tire me out so I can get some proper rest and turn back into my normal, fun self. Right now, I think I will just stick my head in the sand and hope it all goes away…

1 comment:

Paula said...

Oh well, maybe not meant to be? Or if it is, somehow you two will get together anyway and overcome these awkward conversations.