Sunday, September 28, 2008

Book sale!

I hit a library book sale this weekend -- you know, when the books are two bucks a bag. I lucked out:
  • The Waitress (Melissa Nathan)
  • The Samurai's Garden (Gail Tsukiyama)
  • The Debt to Pleasure (John Lanchester)
  • Magnificent Corpses (Anneli Rufus)
  • The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing (Melissa Bank)
  • Tulip Fever (Deborah Moggach)
  • Life of Pi (Yann Martel -- this is a second copy, you know, for travel)
  • Animal Dreams (Barbara Kingsolver)
  • The Witch of Cologne (Tobsha Learner)
  • In the Company of the Courtesan (Sarah Dunant)
  • A Private Hotel for Gentle Ladies (Ellen Cooney)
  • Palace Walk (Naguib Mahfouz)
  • The Red Queen (Margaret Drabell)
  • The End of Alice (A. M. Homes)
  • Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden -- I liked the movie, but wanted to read the book also)
  • Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates (Tom Robbins)
  • Praeteria (John Ruskin -- 104-year-old copy!)
  • House & Garden's Complete Guide to Interior Decoration (edited by Richardson Wright. I chose this one purely because there was a funny "rule" about color schemes that I wanted to frame. The book itself is from 1947.)
Anyway, great haul, no? I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll add them to the pile. From the last sale! I just love books. The not-so-great thing about these sales is that I can never resist. I have books en cantidad! I doubt I'd be able to live happily without books. Or the Internet. You?

No comments: