Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kashi pizza

Don't bother.

This weekend I tried the Kashi Mushroom Trio & Spinach pizza. "Baby Portobello, Champignon and Shiitake mushrooms with spinach, mozzarella and provolone cheeses with a tomato parmesan sauce on a wood-fired, thin crust made with Kashi 7 Whole Grains & Sesame™ and flax seed. Vegetarian." Sounds good, right? I waited and waited for the pizzas to become available in Massachusetts, and I was thrilled about finally finding them.

Well, yuck! They don't mention anything about garlic, and this pizza was loaded. It was like pete-and-repeat all night. In addition, the thing never crisped, the mushrooms were too chewy, and I was so disappointed that I threw the whole shebang away. And Kashi foods are not exactly cheap.

Look, I am a Kashi lover. I don't even mind the twigs! And don't get me started on GoLean stuff... but this was such a waste. If you have had a better experience with the Kashi pizzas, please let me know. I understand they introduced a new one -- Mexicali. It sounds ok, but I am not, I repeat, not, about to throw away my hard-earned money on a stomach-churning mess. Thanks, Kashi -- for nothing!

No comments: