Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Be cool

Scrunchies are alive and well and living in Massachusetts!

It was so hot in my office today that in order to cool down, I had to put my hair up. However, although my personal drawer usually overflows with huge clips and ponytailers to hold my oft unmanageable hair, today there were none to be found. I rummaged, and lo and behold... a scrunchie! It was actually a scünci (remember?), because I am oh so fancy (I had bought a few kinda sorta recently at Big Lots -- 6 on a card for $1.00. That is how fancy I truly am.)

Now, anyone who has ever seen Sex in the City knows these are not to leave the house (as a native New Yorker, I know this rule well.) But somehow this one went afield, and it came to my rescue.

So the next time you are in need of cooling off, whip out that scrunchie, and wear it proudly. Scrunchie wearers, unite! And if you can't bring yourself to wear one, at least live by the scünci credo: "Dream. Imagine. Create." You can do that, right?

No comments: