Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fruitlessness

So Sunday's party never happened.

You can imagine my disappointment when I still felt like death from the night before and had to cancel the fruit shot party! Well, not cancel, more like… reschedule. But this will be a neat trick. This weekend is out of the question, the following one is not ideal… I'm thinking mid-May. Dang!

I had everything ready – food and frozen fruit (and lots of it!), drink, ice, paper goods… all I had to do was clean, and I couldn't even crawl out of bed to do that. But the more I think about it, the less anyone would have wanted to visit if they knew I was not well. So I made the right decision, but I'm not holding out much hope of getting almost everyone together again. Boo!

Anyway, it's already Tuesday, and I scarcely feel any better than on Sunday. And of course last night I got my period, so I had to separate the cramping from the general malaise of my cold.

Worst part? I wasn't even able to turn on to cool Nyquil dreams these past days. That used to be the best thing about Nyquil and a fever…

No comments: