Monday, January 26, 2009

That's what little girls are made of

Sorry for the delay in posting. Last week was really busy, in part because of baby shower prep, in part due to life in general.

But! The shower was on Saturday, and it was a success. The baby is a girl, the theme was sugar and spice, and the colors were pink and white. This is a picture of the diaper cake I made. I used 168 diapers. What was I thinking!? A word of advice: if you make one of these, it's perfectly acceptable to stop at three layers. This could not fit on a cake plate, or a large deli tray. I had to use large foam board from the craft store and strap it into the back seat because it wouldn't fit in the hatchback.

A mutual friend provided the venue, which was perfect since this house is bee-yoo-tee-ful. The counters alone make me salivate. (Jealous much? Who, me? Sigh... ) The games went as well as baby shower games with a bunch of strangers can be expected to go. The food was yums, thanks to another friend. All in all, a good time was had. MB was also there since he is of course part of the crowd, but that was ok too. Not fun, but not horrible. We are adults, after all. Setup did take longer than I expected, but cleanup wasn't too bad. It was definitely worth the work. Mazel tov, you two!

No comments: