Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Science of Risk


So I went to the Museum of Science today, where I saw a movie in the Imax Dome entitled "The Science of Risk" and a Laser Beatles presentation. Fun!

I was thinking about how cool it would be to jump out of an airplane (once) when my friend pointed out that there was not much "science" in the movie after all, and where was it? Her hubby very seriously explained the scientific method, claiming that was where science came into play. You know, pick a hypothesis and do an experiment, and gather the data necessary to prove it or refute it.

He had a point, but I was expecting some more science, too. In my opinion, the little bit of info they provided regarding endorphins was not enough. But the Imax Dome experience totally made up for the fake science.

As for the Beatles laser show, I found myself grinding my teeth several times. Too bad, because of course the music was great. My favorite laser patterns were for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (I really like that song, always have, always will) and Strawberry Fields Forever.

"No one, I think, is in my tree
I mean, it must be high or low
That is, you can't, you know, tune in, but its all right
That is, I think its not too bad..."

No comments: