Saturday, January 10, 2009

Benjamin Button

I've just come back from seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was great!

Cate Blanchett is enthralling and Brad Pitt is, well, Brad Pitt. Sigh. The chemistry between them was just right and almost all the characters were likable. I was able to relate to them all, for better or worse. Although some time periods were glossed over, it was not difficult to fill in the blanks. The movie was also somewhat long, but in my opinion it did not take away from the experience. Finally, it was tender and poignant, more so than I thought it would be... but thankfully not poignant enough that the audience was bawling their eyes out. It was the kind of movie that you'll remember pleasantly, later. Plus, the effects were judiciously placed. It was certainly worth the price of a ticket. I say, go see it!

No comments: