Thursday, July 9, 2009

How it fared, part 3.

Ok, this is where things might get a little weird.

Other cleaning.
  • Face. I figured if it could micro-clean grease from various surfaces, why not try it on my face? Gently, of course... and not that I feel the need to sanitize my skin. That would just be... well... peculiar. (*Note -- that was not a Michael Jackson joke.) So in the hopes that it might melt some blackheads, I washed my face nightly as usual for a week, and after it had been in warm water (and presumably when the sebum and other icky stuff was primed to be removed from my poor overloaded pores) I sprayed my face, and ever so gently took the soft side of a facial microfiber pad and rubbed in circles (especially around my nose and chin). And it may be hard to believe, but my face is softer and now there are appear to be less blemishes.
  • Teeth. I was hoping this miracle thing would also magically whiten my teeth, but sadly, it's not happening. (No big surprise there, haha.) However, my mouth stays fresher for a longer time after brushing now, than before I started this experiment (I spray, brush as usual, rinse, then spray and spit again).
  • Insides. Apparently the water from the unit is also drinkable, but in verrrrry small doses -- I didn't try too much in case it would make "things inside" move along too quickly for me (if you know what I mean...)
Anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm taking requests.

One of my favorite things about this is that you can use this on wood. Unlike a steamer (which I have, and I love, and I bought about seven years ago to clean my condo when I first moved in to hopefully blast away the old-person smell, and it did) it doesn’t drench the wood and then have to dry out. You can immediately wipe away the super fine spray and grab all the leftover dust and chemicals and get rid of them! So long, Pledge! Goodbye, Murphy Oil Soap! Adios, Simple Green! Sayonara, L.A.’s Awesome! I don’t need any of you anymore!

Bill Nye “The (Goofy) Science Guy” explains everything in the video but I don’t really care how it happens, I just care that it works. (Even though it’s actually really cool – you see, water gets electrically charged and passes through a screen and dances around with the ones next to it and then they all become teeny weeny fabulous magnetic cleaning bubbles and… you know what? Just let him explain it. He does it much better... and more accurately, albeit less poetically.)

And now! The Clever Cat’s Ways to Getting the Most from Your Activeion Unit
  • Fill ‘er up! It took me about 5 days to use up one bottle, and I cleaned a lot. (I did my entire kitchen and vestibule, plus everything I listed above with the exception of the bathroom and the car.) Using a steamer is great, but after about 20 minutes the water runs dry. You have to wait for the unit to cool down and then add more water, then wait for the steam to generate, then do the cleaning. That’s time-consuming and boring, and the steamer is clunky and awkward. This way, you charge the unit for 3 hours, then simply use it whenever you need it. Like a good friend, it’s always there for you to help clean up a mess.
  • Wipe! Use microfiber cloths (I bought at the dollar store) and you may never have to buy another roll of paper towels.
  • Save! Put your extra dollars toward your kids’ college fund because this thing sanitizes without bleach, leaves no residue, and is also good for the environment. I used Simple Green in the past to eat through soap scum and other nastiness, choking the whole time. This way there’s no poison. And guess what? Water’s practically free. That’s a decent savings! (I’m still not sure how long it would take to pay for itself, but I will try to keep it in mind as I continue to use this thing.)
  • Relax! Clearly, it’s also safe to use around pets and kids – um, it’s just water, after all.
  • Feel superior! Now that you’re done cleaning safely, cheaply, and energy- and resource-savingly, take a load off and enjoy the green glow of superiority. Ahh.
So, Activeion – got anything else for me to try out?

1 comment:

The Clever Cat said...

Oops! I meant to mention that they recently received Better Business Bureau accreditation. That's important.