Sunday, March 15, 2009

Watchmen

Today, I saw Watchmen. I enjoyed it. And I'm not at all ashamed to state that I found myself constantly staring at Dr. Manhattan's glowing, electrified, pointy, blue penis. Other things I liked about the movie:
  • Rorschach's mask
  • Silk Spectre's hair
  • Lots of rain
  • Nite Owl's sense of humor
  • Dr. Manhattan, out of clothes, in clothes, and for the most part
  • The Comedian's mustache
  • Adrian's Antarctic hideout
  • The beginning scenes
  • Everyone's intensity
Some stuff I didn't like:
  • Too much makeup on the women
  • The Comedian's enjoyment and capacity for bloodshed (I know, it's part of the story. I still don't like it.)
  • Dr. Manhattan's voice (No affect. He actually lost me during one part.)
But all in all, it was really good. And I enjoyed seeing it in Imax. You should see it too, but be prepared for a loooong sit. Bring a cushion!

No comments: