Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today's doings.

What's up with you? This is what's up with me.
  1. I miraculously made it to work on time despite being stuck being four, count 'em, four, yellow school buses in an 8-mile radius. That's a record!
  2. I forgot to apply deodorant today, and I couldn't find the emergency stick I keep in the office! I hate when that happens. It was pretty cold, so I didn't sweat, but still. Grody.
  3. I'm on a new tea kick - Darjeeling! In the past, I tended to prefer herbal and green teas of various types, and I also enjoy black tea blends such as English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast and even the dusty hair tonic tea (I speak of course of The Earl of Grey) but there is something about this straight flavor that just blows me away. Plus, say the word. Darjeeling. Darzhheeeeeeeling. Nice, right? Just don't steep too long or it will become bitter and unpalatable.
  4. Which brings me to the Darjeeling Limited. I just never got around to seeing it! I think I'll rent it this weekend.
  5. I forgoed/forwent my usual pounded-on dry-out-your-smackers long-wearing lipstick in this cold and windy weather. I've started using a delicious raspberry lemonade lip balm by Blistex. It smells good, tastes good, and actually works. And it was cheap, unlike those so-called specialty balms that Bath & Body Works sells. Waste o'cash.
  6. Along the lines of raspberry lemonade, Icebreakers puts out a sugarless gum that tastes just right. But it only tastes right for a few minutes. The rest of the time it's good old-fashioned loud-popping bubble gum.
  7. Spa appointment today. I feel great, look even better.
  8. Madras lentils and naan for dinner. Yum!
  9. My living room sliders will be replaced tomorrow. In addition, the condo sale is moving forward.

Things just feel great for me right now (in spite of a slightly uncomfortable forum at work today in which we discussed the budget.) So goody! I'll do what I can to keep this amazing feeling. (And if it requires going to the gym... so be it.) Power to me!

1 comment:

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Do get the Darjeeling Express out this weekend! I highly recommend it. x