Sunday, February 22, 2009

Movie night

Movie Night last night.

I mean, Stupid Movie Night. I watched Meet the Spartans and Balls of Fury. Surprisingly, I really liked Fury! Dan Fogler is so funny. He does deadpan so well. And the costumes were really great, too. Enter the Dragon is one of my all-time favorites, and so a similar story featuring ping pong was a great idea.

Meet the Spartans was exactly what I expected -- enjoyable in a juvenile way. It was nice to see Kevin Sorbo again, though. And I just love Sean Maguire. (Yum. He was the only reason I ever watched Eve.) The painted-on abs were a nice touch, although I suspect his body is pretty freakin' sweet, even without the brown airbrushing. I wasn't as fond of the Roman-style hairdont's. Bottom line: if you like hot men, leather loincloths, skipping, deep, breathy voices, and Carmen Electra, rent Spartans. If you prefer goofy guys, ping-pong, not-quite-slapstick humor, Def Leppard, and Aisha Tyler, rent Fury. They are both entertaining in their own way. Have fun!

No comments: