Monday, February 2, 2009

35 more words I like

Some more words I like. My sister laughs and laughs whenever I use the word "peculiar." She says it's old-fashioned. But since when do I care?

rapscallion
pipsqueak
nurdle
squinch
typography
cross-hatch
contraption
frangipani
puny
explosive
cascades
treacherous
persnickety
claw
stuporific
horchata
butte
raconteur
peculiar
fatuous
whither
fathom
snarkiness
bootylicious
sanguine
quaff
plinthe
referential
handiwork
silken
goldenrod
dodgy
stickler
kismet
completion

2 comments:

Paula said...

Frangipani is my favorite out of those. I don't like bootylicious, or the licious constructions generally.

My favorite word is kitty. Then cupcake, racecar, kerfuffle, fluffy, plump, obsession, delectable, confection, burrito, turtle...

The Clever Cat said...

Mmm, confection. Yum, delectable. Plump is great, too. Plump. Plump. Plump! Plump is really great, actually...