Monday, August 25, 2008

Wonder Woman!

"Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, stronger than Hercules, and swifter than Mercury."

Remember Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, back in the 70’s? I’m lucky enough to know some people who like Wonder Woman as much as I do.

I went to a friend’s house on Saturday and the plan was to watch a marathon of the tv show.The marathon never happened, but we did watch the pilot episode. Turns out I never actually saw that first one, since by the time it was off the air in 1979 I was a measly six years old, but hooray! 29 years later, she is still my heroine, and always will be. I remember reading the (old) comics as a kid, and the pilot followed the story pretty well.

None of the guys (including MB) seemed to enjoy the show as much as the women in the room. I found that pretty amusing, since although she can basically do anything, at the very least she is absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably gorgeous. If she can’t grab a man’s attention, what hope is there for the rest of us?

No comments: