Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hippity hop, I love you


Though you once were the best bunny at the Playboy Club,
You're getting to be a rabbit with me.
I just sit there and stare as you hop from shrub to shrub.
You're getting to be a rabbit with me.

When I proposed to you that evening last spring,
You said you'd be my mate.
So I went out and bought a two-carat ring,
And both of them you ate!

Then your ears grew an inch, and your nose began to twitch,
And I noticed your tail was attached permanently.
So I keep you in the backyard in a wooden hutch
'Cause you're getting to be a little too much like Bugs Bunny...
You're getting to be a rabbit with me.

I feel like something's switching, it's all so strange and new --
Egad, my nose is twitching... I'm a rabbit too!

I'm getting to be a rabbit -- hippity hop, I love you!
I'm getting to be a rabbit like you!
Move over honey, and pass the lettuce...

Ever since I was a little girl, this song has always cracked me up. Don't ask me what suddenly made me want to listen to Allan Sherman -- I guess I keep thinking of that 2-carat ring…

No comments: