Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome to the Board

Guess who is now on her condo board? Meow.

A recently appointed board member (and also a good neighbor... and dare I say... friend?) called me up and asked if I wanted to join (there are four board members now when there should be five). What are the commitments? Two years of monthly meetings, numerous emails, and decisionmaking. Sure, why not? So now I am the youngest board member. Good thing I have worked in facilities for the past five years! At least I have taken classes about building recently! Thank goodness I have learned about the life of buildings along the way!

And all this despite the fact that I had told him that I couldn't find my way to the office last time. (It turns out the meeting was being held -- and now I know to ring the bell.)

Meeting tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: