Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Silver anniversary

What. The. Hell!?

Not quite two years ago I found a long silver hair on the right side of my head while washing my hands in the office bathroom, assisted by the natural light pouring in from that side. Not knowing what to do, I yanked it out and marveled at it. Strong, multi-textured, and glittery, it seemed kind of cool. I put it in my pocket and told Vitamin N, then threw it away when I got home after winding it around my finger several times (yeah, I know, I’m weird).

While primping at home several weeks ago, I saw it had returned – and it was the length of the rest of my hair (medium-length, a little over ten inches from root to end). Hmm. I pulled it out and tossed it, not letting it bother me. Then four days ago I was beautifying my underarms (shaving) when I saw… omigod! a silvery hair on the right side, hiding amongst its darker friends. I tweezed that one, chucked it, and was significantly less charmed than when I saw my it on my head.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, I was grooming my brows last night when I saw a short silver hair at my eyebrow line! Well, not in my eyebrow proper, one of the baby ones under the brow but over the eye. You know what I did with it. Ouchie. But before cursing at it I checked it out, and what ho! I got the follicle. I looked closer, and found that the follicle was dark! And the hair was silver! So what is that all about? I would have thought that a dark follicle would produce a dark hair, but I guess I am wrong. And by the way, why is this all happening on my right side?

One thing is for sure, I am certainly not checking anywhere else…

No comments: