Friday, May 21, 2010

Say hello to my little friend


I have to pay for her services, but isn't she gorgeous?

I'm going to make a special bag for this lovely new toy of mine. Buying was pretty painless, too. I can't believe I'm finally getting a great cell phone!

Here's what the HTC EVO has, and can do:

  • A sexy 4.3" touchscreen
  • 8 megapixel camera on the front, a 1.3 megapixel cam on the back for mobile video chatting, and HD output
  • 4G (useful when I'm in Boston, which, admittedly, is almost never -- unless it reaches to my house, which would be AWESOME!) and can handle voice calls and data transfers at the same time
  • Built-in turn-by-turn direction helper
  • Create-your-own-hotspot capability for up to 8 devices (which I won't use since I only have one wireless device anyway)
  • FM radio and thousands of apps
  • 8GB microSD, upgradable to 32GB (currently sitting in my camera)
  • Proximity and motion sensors (no idea what these are for, but I guess there must be a reason)
  • Lots of other geeky gobbledygook about processors and speeds and interfaces and batteries that I find oh so very boring.
Impressive, yes? I think I'll name her Vanessa. Either that, or Vicki. I haven't decided yet...

3 comments:

Alan D. said...

heh. congrats!

proximity is so it shuts off the screen rather than melting your face when you're talking on it. ;-) Motion sensor is so that you can use it to play labyrinth and stuff.

you have a microSD in your camera? Possible but unusual. ;-) (I do, but...)

btw you probably have the cameras reversed; usually the high megapixel is on the back with the flash and the 1.3 is for video chat on the front. :-P

The Clever Cat said...

Oh. Right. Hmmm. Oh well, back, front, who knows the difference? ;^)

I think I do in my camera -- it's really weeny. But I could be wrong.

The Clever Cat said...

OHHHH!!! DUHHHH!!!! Wait a seccint!!! If I pay $30 for the wireless hotspot thingy with the phone, then I won't have to pay for cable separately, at all!!!

Kerplunk. That was the sound of the nickel falling in.