Friday, November 14, 2008

Wordie

So I was poking around for some more words that struck my fancy (clunky, scripted, bushy) when I came across a great tool. It's Wordie!

And imagine my surprise when I checked out their blog and saw they had also written about the OED turning 80. But my post was written a month earlier! Not that big a deal, just an interesting factoid.

Anyway, Wordie is a great resource and a fun tool. It lets you compile word lists and phrase lists using words you love, hate, on a given topic, whatever. Lists are visible to everyone but can be added to by just you, a group of friends, or anyone at all. I love that idea! And you can check the etymology, locate several different dictionary entries, and search for books to buy regarding the word in question. So fun!

No comments: