Friday, November 7, 2008

Glossy chocolate sauce

I am having a dinner party tomorrow night for three of my favorite friends and their significant others, plus me, plus the guy from JDate. Wow!

The meal will be simple: a nice antipasto with olives and assorted jarred tasties, rigatoni with meatballs (turkey) and my yummy sauce (Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes with basil base of course!), roasted veggies (carrots, green and red peppers, onions, and zucchini marinated in balsamico and lots o' spices), tossed salad with a homemade vinaigrette, bread, and a chocolate cake with raspberry coulis and chocolate sauce on the side. I would have preferred a yellow or white cake with the sauces, but they were all dairy. The coulis came out rather thin and I tried to thicken it with potato starch after it was already made. It worked... um... kind of... but hopefully no one will get down to the bottom of the bottle where the remaining lumpy bits are!
Useful Tips Section
Regarding the chocolate sauce, I finally found one without cream or butter. And it looks amazing! It's a David Lebovitz recipe and you can find it here. I will make it tomorrow.

We are going to have such a great time! Yay! I will be the hostess with the mostess! (mostest?)

No comments: