Monday, October 6, 2008

Well, just call me average

The link below is to an article in today's online New York Times about the current state of the economy. And the following statement appears to be written just for me.

Entertainment and media executives remain optimistic about sales of movie tickets, DVDs and games. At Nintendo of America, the popular Wii video game consoles are still selling briskly at about $300.

"My view is that when consumers get concerned about their nest egg, or their country, they need entertainment," said Bo Andersen, president and chief executive of the Entertainment Merchants Association, which represents distributors and retailers of home entertainment products.

Apparently, I'm right on board with millions of other Americans. Drat. I've always considered myself delightfully atypical, but in terms of money concerns I guess I'm totally ordinary…

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/06/business/06econ.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

No comments: