Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The scales

Some of you have noticed that I haven’t posted for a while (thank you for the cattle prodding – oops! I mean, gentle prodding), so I apologize for not providing fodder for new Clever Cat daydreams recently. Between the article writing I was doing to buy myself those items, the homework for class, the High Holy Days, some semblance of a non-virtual social life, and general happenings, I haven’t had the time to post as much as I want to. In fact, that’s one of my goals for this new year – balancing my life! In the horoscope, October is Libra (the scales) and what better time to figure it all out than now?

For example, I can see that I will probably have issues with sitting in the future. So to counter that and stay loose, I will have to at least walk or do some core-related physical activity. Also, writing makes me feel good and it is clear that I can at least earn some play money with my skills, but I do not want to neglect my creative writing side, either. So I have to work that into the mix. Of course, a social life is needed, and a strong family bond is tops. Then there is my day job, which is a big part of my life. (But not too big.) There are lots of other things to try to fit in, but the big one is… me!

I plan to treat myself nicely and love myself for who I am, have fun and actually enjoy life. Also, I will try not to get worked up about things I cannot control.

Even though these statements are hokey and cliché, we only live once, number one; and number two, you can’t take anything with you... you know, when you die. So I am going to continue my way of living – by following my heart, for work and for love and for everything else, too. And I will earn myself nice things, and buy them and use them without feeling guilty. And, and this is a really big one… I will NOT do anything I don’t want to do. This may take some getting used to, but I deserve it. And so do you. Are you with me?

No comments: