I went to the Lawrence dollar store last night and this is what I picked up:
- A big bottle of Up-and-Up (Target brand) Aveeno-type body wash
- A pretty little white crocheted rayon capelet with the $18 tag still on it (from Fashion Bug. I know my labels and btw it is right down the street.)
- Two pretty faceted glittery beaded bracelets, one flesh tone and the other pinkish.
- Two more sets of leg warmers, for wearing sock-style while sleeping to ameliorate the cold toes situation. One electric-blue-and-light-blue-
and-white striped in case Butchie wants to wear one around his neck, and the other purple-and-lavender-and-white striped.
- Two bars of Toblerone. That lovely, silky, wonderful chocolate with the sinfully delicious bits of nougat stuck in! (They were eaten almost immediately. Ha. “They were eaten.” What I really mean is, “I ate them almost immediately.” And they were a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!)
- Two bars of that translucent green Pears soap that is so wonderful. For my face! I prefer the green bar to the orangey tone one. The orangey one seems to have changed and it is way drying now. *sad face*
- One bar of that pomegranate Yardley soap that is so wonderful (they didn’t have the pomegranate rose with the exfoliating bits in, too bad)
- One thing of achiote seeds (with a star K on it!)
- One thing of ground achiote (with a star K on it!)
- A cute black and white newspaper-want-ads-style carrying bag for groceries or leaving in the car in case of something. It’s my second, in case I have a lot of groceries. I like my shopping bags to match.
- Another pair of thick insulated stripey socks
- A really cute pair of knitted-looking house sockies with a little knitted flower buttoned on the side
- A pair of undies
- A bottle of air freshener, citrusy scent of course
- Two beautiful small skeins of peachy slash orange and white furry specialty yarn
- A container of specialty mint tea from Israel (with pomegranate!)
Although the shoppers there seem to have no sense of space boundaries. I wonder about that. I mean, step back! Guy, there is no reason you need to be in the sanitary supplies section anyway.
So if you feel the need to shop and want to giggle, and you only have 15 bucks, I recommend this place. They also have typical dollar store stuff, so if you need cleaning products or stickers for the kids, definitely check it out. And bring a friend... it makes it ever so much more fun.