But lest you think that the funeral day had no laughs, here are a few things that made us chuckle together as a family.
- Baby blue hearse and limousines
- Hearse (and us!) almost one hour late to the funeral
- It was so windy that the driver’s yarmulke flew off several times during the military service
- Sandstorms at the grave site
- Gap between top and bottom of casket. If Grampa had seen that he would have adjusted it!
- We were stuck in traffic so long that the limo driver had to stop to get gas
- At shivah, someone dared to interrupt my father and press her agenda upon his grieving moment
As you can see, life goes on. But I still miss Grampa…