Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yahrtzeit Yankee Candle



I know it's blasphemous. And maybe a little bit funny? Just don't ask me to be a test sniffer on that one...


Anyway, this past Saturday I drove with a friend to the flagship Yankee Candle store in Deerfield (a 3.5-hour round-trip drive is quite pleasant when your ass is snuggled into a leather seat.) But when we got there, I was unable to find my favorites... in the whole damn complex! I tried and tried to find orange-scented candles, but apparently they are all discontinued. I was luckily able to rescue a few Juicy Orange little ones. By the end of the day, I was all smelled out.

After gorging ourselves on Raspberry Lemonade (sweet), Black Cherry (sour), Vineyard (absolutely grape. If Welch's were to put out a candle, this would be the scent), Creme Brulee (positively good enough to eat... I found myself chomping the air surrounding the candle just to get more stink in my nose), and six flavors of fudge (yes, this we actually ate), we bought a few more candles. My friend's favorite was something about roses. It was nice, but not as nice as orange.

In addition to the Juicy Oranges, I also picked up a small Sicilian Orange jar (oh, yum), a Clementine baby, and a Mango Peach Salsa baby, just to mix it up. And wow. They are still in their packages, and they are pretty powerful. Those Yankees sure know how to make a stink!

No comments: