Sunday, August 2, 2009

Interesting dream

After my blindingly painful MSG-and-Absolut-&-Pineapple-induced headache last night, I actually fell asleep without washing my face. And I dreamt.

In this dream, I was friends with or dating or maybe even working for an older man named Quincy or Quimby and we were walking through a huge well-appointed mansion or museum-like building, with really wide staircases (we were descending one and walking through rooms and halls filled with expensive and tasteful furniture, beautiful floors, and interesting objets d'art). I felt so small, but protected somehow and comfortable and safe, almost like I lived there or spent a lot of time there. He was very formal with me but I think he liked me. I think he was wooing me in an old-fashioned style. Then we walked through a very large courtyard on the way to travel somewhere in a fancy car or a helicopter. He had a shock of whitish hair but didn't seem very old. He was not unattractive or wizened or anything. I don't know if he lived there or what, but I think he was rich. He didn't seem like a family relation. I almost felt like he was a friend of my parents' friends, or an older uncle of one of my friends or something. After we were walking toward the travel area the scene changed.

Then we were in a smaller room in a more intimate setting and were sitting more closely and there on the coffee table in front of us were small tea or cognac glasses and there were also little fancy noshies on a sideboard and he was sort of tenderly appraising me, in a appreciative way, but almost like I was his pet or something, and I knew he would indulge me in anything I wished. I only looked him in the eyes a few times during the dream. I think he was hoping we would have sex or do something having to do with sex, or maybe he wanted to do something sexy but actually hoped that I wouldn't do it at that point since I was ladylike. I got the feeling that if we got physical at that point, he wouldn't want to be with me anymore since I he felt I was so virtuous and sweetly virginal. (Quit snickering.)

I knew I would do it with him eventually, but not that day, and maybe not even for a long time, like months and months, and not without some kind of understanding, but I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but I wasn't NOT looking forward to it either. It was almost like one of those enjoyable tasks that you have to do occasionally or even more than occasionally, like picking up a friend somewhere. What I mean is that even though you might be going out of your way, something really great is going to come of it, and the task itself is kind of fun anyway. (I know it's not a perfect analogy, sorry.)

Anyway, I knew that if I "played my cards right" I would be secure for life with him since he loved me, but there was something missing. I felt good toward him, like I loved him or was on my way to loving him, and I didn't mind that he was older, and I knew I would be content, but I'm not sure I would really be happy if I stayed with him, even though he was gentle and loving. But I wasn't sure that would be such a bad thing, either. It was a weird dream.

So I looked it up in my book.
  • "To dream of being in a mansion, indicates for you wealthy possessions."
  • "To walk down, you will be unlucky in your affairs, and your lovemaking will be unfavorable. To see broad, handsome stairs, foretells approaching riches and honor."
  • "To dream of a man, if handsome, well-formed, and supple, denotes that you will enjoy life vastly and come into rich possessions." He wasn't stunningly handsome (actually, I really don't know what he looked like, just that he was not unpleasing to my eye) but was well-formed and healthy.
  • "To dream of traveling, signifies profit and pleasure combined."
  • "To dream of brandy, foretells that, while you may reach heights of distinction and wealth, you will lack the innate refinement which wins true friendship from people whom you most wish to please." This was the closest I could get to the liquid in small glasses in front of us.
  • "Bad, bad will be the fate of the woman who dreams of being courted. She will often think that now he will propose, but often she will be disappointed. Disappointments will follow illusory hopes and fleeting pleasures." Which doesn't apply, since there is no one currently who would possibly propose.
  • And I couldn't find anything about expecting to have a future sexual experience with someone. And nothing about white hair. So who knows what it all really means...

No comments: