Saturday, June 12, 2010

Where to even begin?

Dear Readers,

I guess I'll start by apologizing for the delay in posting. I have been spending a lot of quality time (almost every waking minute of the last week) with my new phone. But I'll spare you the gory details, at least for now. Suffice it to say that the EVO is really, really cool. (And it kicks the iPhone's butt. Tee hee.)

Anyway, work has been incredibly busy, and I try to steal away to Maine whenever I can for some R & R. I went two weeks ago and it was great, as usual. Fabulous company and fresh Maine air make for perfect days.

This week I have been craving NUTS like crazy! I even forwent a lovely chicken dish in favor of peanut butter and jelly. It's like I can't get enough nuts! Even stranger, they seem to be slimming me down a bit -- less bloat and I stay fuller, longer. (No idea how that works, but I'll go with it.) So I splurged on a 21-ounce canister of Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts (smiley cashews, noble almonds, pecans like baby turtle shells, boatlike brazil nuts, and eye-catching macadamias, all plump and dusted with pure sea salt) at Target today for $5.69. Quite a good price, actually. Yum.

I also realized I am a very lucky person. In addition to my little sis spending her time to edit the book, I have friends who did or are doing me the honor of reading the manuscript and providing constructive criticism. But I must say, I have been getting compliments. So that makes me very, very appreciative.

Signing off,
CC

No comments: